Gijs Vanhee is a street artist, painter, creator and illustrator who is based in Belgium. He has various inspirations on art such as place...

“Painting murals for me is like a sport, I love to make it very physical”

June 16, 2017

Gijs Vanhee is a street artist, painter, creator and illustrator who is based in Belgium. He has various inspirations on art such as places and cities where he travelled to, landscapes, lights, and artwork popping up. 
Before starting his murals, he was finding a wall. Sometimes it was a given wall but then he mostly had the freedom to choose on some walls. The wall itself is very important and also the environment. The most interesting walls have a texture on themselves so they can fit as a background for my monsters or creations.
“I mostly use paint and brushes for the background, because it works way faster. The black I use spray cans because it gives more clear lines. But I am always in to try new materials, like ink or cement”, he said in the interview with creativenestlings.






















You can see more on his website.