Galia opened KWALA in 2003 and by that time she worked exclusively with papier mâché by sculpting it into figures on photo albums, creating...

Paper lampshades, papier mâché sculptures and figurines of Galia and the Kwalas

December 28, 2016

Galia opened KWALA in 2003 and by that time she worked exclusively with papier mâché by sculpting it into figures on photo albums, creating a naïve, childish, imagination-filled and colorful world. 
She thought that paper become endless creative possibilities since it can be magically transformed into something festive, designed, different from its original purpose. 
“In my studio, located in a small town in Israel, I spend my days happily exploring paper and discovering the possibilities and worlds that it can create”, she said on etsy, an online platform which she made her products available for sale.
Paper lampshades are the creativities into which she skillfully and they become unique products. 
“After many studio trials, folding and playing around, my paper lampshades were born.
I am always on the lookout for new materials, keeping my imagination active and my creativity alive”, she added.  

loading...










loading...

You can see more on etsy