The Austria-born mural and street artist, Nychos , was strongly influenced by his childhood’s experience in combination with his artistic c...

“I was super-stoked to see and also to understand how these parts of the body work together”

January 25, 2017

The Austria-born mural and street artist, Nychos, was strongly influenced by his childhood’s experience in combination with his artistic curiosity to create his proper murals and street arts with animal and human figures, dismembered and anatomically illustrated. 
This talented artist was interested in and began creating street art at the age of 15 and he established Rabbit Eye Movement (REM) in 2004. He often collaborates with the world’s most accomplished painters, making him one of the most noticeable breakout artists from the Austrian scene. 
In 2011 he teamed up with several ‘Urban Illustrators’ who all have a kind of unique and weird style, according to wowxwow.
“My interest in animals, especially in their anatomy is probably a result of my childhood. I grew up in a family of hunters and have been confronted with all the stuff that goes along with that business since I was little. Watching my grandfather gutting the animals he had brought down before was very impressive. And you know, as a kid you are likely to absorb images like that. Of course, as every child at some point, I began to reflect things like death and asked myself the question what is going to happen to the body afterwards. That’s the point where the skeleton comes in. Considering the fact that we are all creatures, who are constructed of bones has been very interesting to me and I’ve always seen some kind of beauty in those fragile, white things that hide inside our bodies. When taking a closer look at all this, I was super-stoked to see and also to understand how these parts of the body work together”, Nychos told WideWalls



















You can see more on his tumblr and wowxwow