The self-taught artist Josie Morway has been spending most of her life time in painting and she loves substituting animals for human chara...

Self-taught artist featured her hyper-stunning paintings with wildlife

January 28, 2017

The self-taught artist Josie Morway has been spending most of her life time in painting and she loves substituting animals for human characters in her visual narratives. She explores gestures, postures and expressions that are familiar and universal but at the same time ambiguous. 
Her paintings are fragmented narratives, inspired by snippets of those words and phrases that we find ourselves bombarded with on a daily basis – old signage, broken billboards, overheard conversations. 
“I’m not entirely sure where I get inspiration or ideas. I sometimes feel like they can only really hit when I have my eyes crossed, or am looking the other way, thinking of something else. But if I had to go looking for an inspiration, a kick in the creative pants or the solution to an artistic dead-end right now I’d probably go to words. The most intense, lasting influences in my life have all come in the form of the just-right phrase, from a novel or from poetry or a quote pulled from an interview”, she said in an interview with My Love for You.





















You can see more on josiemorway and wowxwow