The DM Collection's founder Daniel Mackie painted amazing water colors by firstly drafting with pencil on paper. He was influenced by ...

“The new way I had of working was a labour of love, but it was a dirty struggle”

June 09, 2017

The DM Collection's founder Daniel Mackie painted amazing water colors by firstly drafting with pencil on paper. He was influenced by the simplicity of movements such as Art Deco and Egyptian tomb paintings; he also had a strong interest in sailor’s tattoos describing seafaring mythology. He started to paint animals with their environment with magic shapes.
“By following my heart, my work today has more authenticity than ever before. But my new way of working did not fit the fast-paced illustration industry. Oh dear! So, I changed who I worked for and started The DM Collection. I was liberated”, he stated on his website.






















You can see more on his website.