The Montreal-based artist Alexandra Levasseur was interested in drawing since she was a child and never stopped doing it. Her work is in p...

“I hope my work can make the viewer wonder and think about the mystery of being and the greatness of life and Nature”

June 06, 2017

The Montreal-based artist Alexandra Levasseur was interested in drawing since she was a child and never stopped doing it. Her work is in part autobiographical, the feminine figures in it naturally satisfy my need to express the anxiety and struggle to understand our short life on earth and find a real powerful meaning to it. In this piece, she wants to illustrate the cold feeling of being lost, the loneliness and the disillusion. The representation of women in her work serves her as a universal symbol to illustrate an array of human emotions. 
“I often start with a background. I build collages from photographs and textures that matter to me. I do the same with the figures, I look for positions of body that convey the message I want to express and I construct the composition. I used to do that step on paper with magazine paper cuts, but lately I’ve been using the computer to facilitate the process. Once I’m set on the composition and color palette, I start working on the larger support with acrylic, oil and pencils mostly”, she said in the interview with beautifulbizarre




















You can see more on her website and beautifulbizarre .